In this day and age, business backpacks are an essential requirement for many business travelers. These backpacks are designed specifically to protect laptops and other everyday pieces of business travel accessories. Along with specific laptop sleeves, they also often contain innovative components such as USB charging interfaces and earphone holes, so work can continue on the move.
Great for both men and women, the best business backpacks aim to combine the necessities of modern business travel with an elegance of style that doesn’t look out of place in the office or meeting room. Here are our top four picks for the best business backpacks currently on the market.
eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack
eBag’s business bags are constructed from high-quality twisted polyester for durability over long periods of use. This backpack can fit laptops up to 17 inches in size and contains a padded laptop sleeve to prevent laptops moving about during travel. They are also designed with several pockets to allow organization of the bag’s contents. A separate tablet compartment and crush-proof adapter case at the bottom of the backpack keep the accessories safe and also enable the backpack to stand up on its own on a flat surface. Many people use the adapter case to store chargers, cables and other electronics accessories and this case is removable if needed.
A useful feature of the eBag backpack is its easy transformation from backpack to briefcase. Vertical and horizontal handles allow you to can carry your backpack on your back as well as hold it in your hand. The backpack’s sides and shoulder straps have been made from a mesh padding that is thick enough for comfort but also allows breathability.
- High-quality material (lifetime warranty against material and workmanship defects)
- Multiple compartments and pockets
- Separate tablet compartment and zippered water bottle pocket
- Crush-proof adaptor case
Convertible from backpack to briefcase and vice versa
- Well-padded back panel and straps for extra comfort
- Not water resistant
- Doesn’t have USB charging point like several business backpacks in the same range
Ogio Renegade RSS Laptop/Tablet Backpack
This backpack looks a little more rugged than some of the others in the list, but it works. It's one of our favorites and I use this as a daily work bag to tote laptop, chargers, iPad, etc. It’s slim when not packed full for everyday use but can also expand to hold enough clothing and toiletries for 1-2 days worth of travel. It has a large central pocket that can fit the clothing in addition to a padded laptop pocket, separate padded tablet pocket, and multi-function pocket for other electronics and accessories.
- Protected dedicated laptop compartment with Ogio's proprietary RSS restraint system
- One huge internal pocket for clothing, large binders, or other paperwork
- Easily adjustable straps on the fly
- Padded iPad/tablet/e-reader pocket
- Crush proof Tech Vault pocket with customizable divider
- Great padding - very comfortable to wear
- Expensive - this one is at the higher end of the price range for most backpacks
- Won't stand up on it's own
- Fits 15" laptops, but nothing bigger
Uoobag KT-01 slim business backpack
Designed to fit the majority of 14-15.6 inch laptops (but not deeper gaming laptops), this business backpack is made from 210D nylon fabric. It is also water repellent and breathable. Internally, the Uoobag contains a high-quality polyester lining, giving it a more luxurious feel than some other bags. It has an anti-theft design and strong dual zippers for security.
The Uoobag has an internal laptop sleeve, as well as a tablet pocket, two zippered side bottle pockets and a section for smaller items such as phone or pens. The back of the bag has extra padding for comfort on the user’s back, and ergonomic S-shaped shoulder straps for comfort while carrying the backpack.
Useful added extras include a strap for glasses or sunglasses and an earphone hole to allow storage of electronic devices inside the bag while still using earphones to communicate or listen to music.
- Made from water repellent and breathable nylon material
- Contains a high-quality polyester lining for a luxurious feel
- Has additional padding for support of the user’s back
- Includes a glasses strap and earphone hole
- Relatively low price is a great bargain for what you get with this backpack.
- This backpack expressly doesn’t fit all laptops up to 15.6 inches. For example, 15.6-inch gaming laptops don’t fit in the laptop sleeve because of their deeper measurements.
Mancro Business Water Resistant Polyester Laptop Backpack
This Mancro business backpack is made from durable, water-resistant and eco-friendly nylon fabric. Stylishly designed, the padded shoulder straps have an S-shape, which offer added comfort. Designed to hold laptops with screens up to 17 inches, it has a dedicated laptop sleeve. Three main pockets, nine smaller inner pockets, and two additional sealed side pockets provide organization space for a range of objects.
The Mancro business backpack also contains an external USB interface, with a built-in charging cable for quick and easy charging of USB connected devices.
For added security, the bag is made with strong and sturdy metal zippers, as well as a combination lock to help prevent theft. The lock comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s guarantee. The bottom of the bag is reinforced for extra strength and durability, although a small number of customers have questioned the quality of the materials used.
- Made from durable, water-resistant and eco-friendly nylon
- Multitude of different compartments of various sizes
- Contains an external USB interface with built-in charging cable
- Comes with a combination lock that has a lifetime guarantee
- A small percentage of customers have complained about the quality of the materials used, however, the vast majority are more than happy with their purchase
Business backpacks are becoming more accommodating to good style and user-friendly design. Whichever backpack is the best for you, we’re sure you’ll find one in this list that meets your needs. What’s your favorite business backpack? Let us know in the comments.