Travel today generally comes with a large number of electronic devices – phone, laptop, tablet, travel adapters, battery pack, external hard drive, just to name a few. Having an electronics travel organizer to keep your electronics organized, safe and secure can be very useful. There are also wires to keep untangled and small items like SIM cards and memory cards that are easily lost.
Yes, you can store all these items scattered across different pockets in your backpack, carry-on, or checked luggage, but we inevitably forget where we put them, can’t find them when we need them, or many times forget to take them when needed. We’ve found that using something specifically designed to keep your electronics and their add-ons ordered and all in one place that’s easy to grab-and-go is a better way to travel. Coming in a range of sizes, electronics organizers also offer different ways to organize. Some provide simple pocket-like compartments, while others have padded sections and other additional features, as we outline below.
AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics and Accessories
A single layer electronic organizer, the interior is nicely laid out with a large stretch-mesh pocket on one side and three smaller stretch-mesh pockets on the other. Two of these smaller pockets have zippers for extra security of their contents. The interior fabrics are designed to be soft and scratch-free.
The exterior is formed from molded EVA-plastic for strength and protection. The dimensions of the product are 9.5 x 5.2 x 1.9 inches, large enough for smaller devices such as phones, and tablets up to around 7 inches. It can struggle to fit chargers and deeper accessories.
At the budget end of the market, it comes with a useful wrist strap and a one year AmazonBasics warranty.
- Stretch-mesh pockets, some with zippers, hold small accessories safely and securely
- Soft and scratch-free interior materials and mesh
- Molded EVA-plastic outer gives protection to sensitive electronic devices
- The wrist strap is a useful addition
- A one-year AmazonBasics warranty card is provided
- The relatively narrow depth of this organizer can make it difficult to include some chargers and larger accessories.
BUBM Double Layer Electronic Accessories Organizer
As the name suggests this organizer comprises two nylon-lined interior layers. This means it is big enough to hold a large volume of electronics and accessories and is the perfect fit for an iPad Mini or other devices up to 7.9 inches.
The semi-flexible waterproof zippered outer covers give protection to delicate electronics, while a combination of elasticated and mesh pockets keeps accessories safe and secure. The BUBM organizer comes with 12 elastic loops to keep cables tidy. Six easy access pockets are useful storage of smaller items such as memory cards. A further three mesh compartments have the added security of zippers.
- The double layer design provides space for a lot of electronics and accessories
- The semi-flexible, waterproof, and zippered outer covers ensure protection of contents
- The range of internal elasticated loops and pockets provides storage for everything you might need to carry with you while traveling
- Though well-sized for the needs of most, this travel electronics organizer only fits devices up to 7.9 inches, which might be too small for some buyer’s devices.
Bagsmart Travel Universal Cable Organizer
Another single layer design travel electronics organizer, this Bagsmart product is made from a durable, heavy-duty and water repellent molded nylon case, ensuring delicate electronic devices are properly protected during transit. Lightweight, it protects from scratches, dust, and accidental drops.
The multiple variously-sized pockets of the interior give flexibility to storage needs, while making sure everything has a secure storage place. Two inner mesh pockets with zippers are capable of fitting a portable hard drive. Six mesh pouches with elastic loops expand to hold a range of different USB drives. Elastic loops can also be used to store cables tidily. Three additional specialized memory card pouches keep these small but vital accessories safe. However, at only 1-inch-deep (and otherwise 9.5 x 4.3 inches) this organizer is certainly not for bulkier devices or accessories.
- Comprises a durable and water-resistant outer casing made from molded nylon
- A variety of differently-sized pockets inside give flexibility to storage needs, while making sure everything has a secure storage place
- Inner pockets with zippers provide extra security for accessories
- Elastic loops can be used to store cables tidily
- Specialized memory card pouches keep these small items safe.
- This organizer is just 1 inch deep, meaning it cannot fit bulkier devices or accessories.
ProCase Travel Gear Organizer
Of a different design than the other products on our list, this travel electronics organizer ‘rolls up’ and is secured by an elasticated cord. As such, it does not have zippers safeguarding the exterior. This gives it dimensions of 17 x 9 inches while open and only 4.5 x 9 inches when rolled. Its depth very much depends on the contents stored.
The practical interior design provides flexibility in storage not always seen in competing products. There are six elastic loops for keeping cables tidy, three mesh pockets for memory cards and similarly-sized accessories, and two open pockets for larger objects such as a charger. There are also two smaller zipper pockets and one larger zipper pocket capable of fitting an external hard drive or similar device.
The ProCase travel gear organizer is made from durable, heavy-duty nylon which is also water resistant. It is also similarly priced to the AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case, making it a further budget option.
- CRolls up to be one of the smallest travel electronics organizers on the market.
- The practical interior design provides flexibility in storage, including elastic loops, open pockets, and zipper pockets.
- The organizer is made from durable, heavy-duty nylon and is water resistant
- A budget option, similar in price to the AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case
- The presence of a securing elasticated cord rather than an exterior zipper may put off some buyers.
Travel electronics organizers evolved as an essential part of modern luggage requirements as travelers began to take delicate and expensive electronic devices with them when they traveled. Providing the flexible storage spaces required to securely and safely carry electronic devices as well as additional accessories such as chargers, batteries, memory cards or cables makes traveling with electronics just that little bit easier. If you have any recommendations, we would love to hear!